It doesn’t matter if K-pop, Jazz, ballet, hip hop, background or ballroom, dancers come in all shapes and sizes. However, while there are thousands of good dancers in the world, only a handful are famous dancers. The factors that separates a good dancer from a famous dancer involve opportunity and exposure. Here are a few suggestions on how to become a famous dancer.
So here are 5 “simple” instructions 🙂
1. Develop your talent. Before you can become a famous dancer, you need to be a good dancer. You can develop your dancing skills by taking classes and entering competitions.
2. Find dancing position to gain experience and exposure. You will most likely need to start with local dance companies and community theater dancing rolls. As you gain experience and exposure, you will be able to put together a more impressive dance portfolio.
3. Determine what makes you special as a dancer and performer. You need to be unique or special in order to develop a commercial career. For example, you may be able to do difficult dance moves, you may be exceptionally limber, you may be a great jumper or you may be an extremely sensual dancer. If you don’t have a signature dance style or persona yet, work on one.
4. Audition for high profile dance roles on the stage or for a film. Generally, if you are interested in dancing professionally on the stage, you will need to go to New York, and if you are interested in dancing for movies, TV or music videos, you will need to go to Los Angeles.
5. Continue to improve your dancing skills and to develop your uniqueness. You can then promote your career by marketing that unique skill or dance style until you become famous for it.
Our additional instructions:
Last and most important: Have fun! A lot of fun!
What you will need:
* Dance Training
* Agent (or YouTube ;-))))))
All the best for you!
Some collection of dancers
K-pop for Beginners
K-pop for pro’s
Famous AND weird pop dance:
And…. As we know size doesn’t matter!