Finally K-Pop is heading to Austria!
The Museum of Ethnology and Ai-Like Entertainment are organizing the first K-Pop Dance Festival in Vienna!
Are you good in dancing? Have you ever wanted to show other persons how good you are in covering your favorite K-Pop idol’s dance? Or are you just fascinated by the amazing magic of the K-Pop hype? Here is your chance to participate in the first international K-Pop event in central Europe! Show us YOUR K-POP skills and WIN many many prices or visit us and support your favorite group!
* Weltmuseum Wien
* Ai-Like Entertainment
* Wolrld Culture Networks
* Weltmuseum Wien (former Museum of Ethnology), Vienna, Web: http://www.weltmuseumwien.at/
* Embassy of the Republic of Korea, Vienna, Web: http://aut.mofat.go.kr/
Available at Jugendinfo
How to apply for the Dance Festival:
1. Form your team until April 30th
* Minimum team members: 2
* Maximum team members: 9
2. Write an email to the organizers:
* Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tell us your names (also a group name if possible), ages, a contact email and telephone number
* Name of the song that you are going perform
3. Who may participate
* There is no limitation of age, nationality, gender etc.
4. What to perform
* Allowed is any K-Pop Dance cover that is sang by a K-Pop group
* The dance cover should be an exact copy of the original performance
5. What are the criteria for the jury/evaluation
* This is a dance cover contest, so we will evaluate the following criteria:
– Dance (Synchronization and Perfection)
– Dress up/costumes
6. Application fees
* Each participating person has to pay an application fee of EUR 5,-
* Each person is allowed to perform in more than one team, but he/she has to pay EUR 5,- application fee per team (so if you sign up in two teams you have to pay EUR 10,-)!
* After applying for the contest you will receive an email with the payment details. The fee has to be paid until April, 30th
* There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places including vouchers for K-Pop articles, clothing stores, food courts and many more (this list will be updated on March, 15th):
* 1st place value: ca. EUR 1000,-
* 2nd place value: ca. EUR 500,-
* 3rd place value: ca. EUR 250,-
* The prices will soon be announced, so stay tuned – it will be worth it!
8. Audience ticket fee:
* EUR 7,- (Pre-selling – starts on March, 15th)
* EUR 12,- (Box office on the event at June 1st)
9. Important information:
* The overall idea of a cover dance is to perform the original moves as well as possible – therefore it is not allowed to implement new steps or to omit moves
* The winner will be evaluated and chosen by a three-person jury
* All teams perform different songs (if two teams apply with the same song, the team that applied earlier is allowed to perform that, the other team has to choose another song)
* No Gangnam Style performance
Try your best to play out the original performance as good as you can and convince us with your choreography.
So get your team ready and start dancing!
The organizers of K-Pop Dance Festival Vienna